View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: NL 100: AKo Squeeze

[ QUOTE ]
AA-JJ are def in the CO and buttons range. If you shove you would want the CO or button to have QQ JJ P10 AQ even if they have one of those you are only ahead of AQ because AK is still a upaired hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BTN is unlikely to just cold call a reraise with AA-KK. He probably has a mid-pair or small pair and is optimistically calling for "set value" despite not really having good implied odds to do so. He might have a suited aces, like AKs or AQs with which he is calling in position. I don't think he can call an all-in from the original raiser, especially if the CO folds.

CO probably has a reraising range somewhere between KK-AA (super tight), QQ-AA,AK (tight), and TT-AA,AK,AQs (semi-loose). Vs these ranges, TT-JJ,AQs and probably even AK all fold. Even QQ might fold. If QQ-AA call, AKo still has 30% equity. Even against KK-AA, AKo has 18% equity. But putting them all in puts a lot of pressure on CO, maximizing your fold equity, and if he folds, then BTN probably folds as well. And if CO calls, BTN still probably folds, and hero sees all five cards without further betting OOP when he's up agains QQ-KK. He's only really in trouble if CO actually has AA, which is less likely than QQ-KK/AK.

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I think in this situation you can flat call the 3 bet and take the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, I think that flat calling a reraise out of position with a hand like AK is a leak. Raising or folding is better. You will miss your top pair 2/3s of the time, and even when you hit you will then have to play OOP on every street which makes it hard to win the most when ahead, and lose the least when behind.