View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: tanenbaums book - PF questions I want 2+2 input on

ILP,

I never read either of anything roy cooke or tanenbaum have written, but as far as they play in full ring games they both play a very tight abc style of poker with roy being the tighter of the two. I'm sure they both are solid winners in the vegas 30 games, but I'm positive they leave things on the table be forgoing some creativity in hands.

For example, roy is a god (like MitchL said) among all of those vegas locals, and yet you never see him loosen up and take advantage of that image. He's not pounding nits in the blinds, or liberally raising the turn against these guys, even though with his image he should be. Same goes for Barry, I feel they both don't take advantage of a lot of these in game adjustments (mainly for them it should be lagging it up at times) that would boost their earns significantly.

When poker authors show a failure to adjust in game, and tackle the uncomfortable I don't find them very helpful as teachers.

Absolution,
Of course everybody doesn't have to be a LAGTAG, but imo it pulls more money and on top of that, raising is a lot more fun than folding.