View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: (39) AK too strong for a S&G?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, he's not folding PF to my shove. He will fold a certain percentage of hands post flop. My stack is going in regardless, so what's the difference?

I'm only worried about folding AQ/AJ, but will be glad when he folds 22-99(TT to the right flop). So is the value I'm missing by not shoving preflop that much greater?

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is that the flop could easily miss him, and then you're letting him get away cheap. Why not get it all in pf when you are a solid favorite rather than on the flop when a push will either get him to fold mostly weaker hands or call with hands that usually beat you?

[/ QUOTE ]

A made hand doesn't need to "miss" the flop. He'll fold alot of the hands that beat me on the flop, but not pre-flop.

Look, I get the shove pre-flop part. I'm looking to see if there's a way to quantify how much value I'm losing by getting it in on the flop instead of pre-flop. So far, I'm only losing value to AQ/AJ folding, but gaining when they fold the pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

how good is villian? if he not a winning regular i think you have a bit of FE preflop. this makes we want to push preflop.