View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Are all poker players degenerates?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let's answer your question with a similar question..

Are all Christians hypocrites?

Think about it and you'll find your answer

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this question should be here and may cause the thread to get locked. The only thing I'll say is that no Christian hews 100% to the 10 commandments, so, yes all are hypocritical to one degree or another.

I asked the original question because I don't want to think that being a poker player is being a degenerate. It might be fun to some, deadly serious to others, some get it, others don't, but I'm not passing judgement. I enjoy reading the trip reports as much as anyone, even the one from back in March. I was just curious about the use of the word here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I don't think you really got where I was coming from on that. I'm saying as much as the human race loves and needs classification to function, you simply cannot classify a broad category as one specific stereotype. You cannot call all Christian's hypocrites even though there are many, you cannot call all non-Christian's bad people, you cant call all football players morons, ect. ect. ect. Now maybe that clears it up for you. BTW why would you lock the thread because of that?