View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Why do I suck at multiplayer arghh

I'm a pretty decent at the single player modes in FPS games, probably about average or a little better. I've beaten several FPS games for 360 on typically the normal difficulty setting, never less but occasionally harder. For some reason, in every game I get my ass handed to me in multiplayer. Halo 3, Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, etc. I just get smoked. I get killed twice as much as I kill others, if not more.

Most recently I've been playing COD4. Loved the single player mode, tons of fun, although I beat it on normal in probably 6-7 hours and didn't really find any part very difficult. I'm going to eventually replay it on the harder difficulties, but meanwhile I've been playing multiplayer and getting owned. It feels like I get killed every ten seconds, almost always being blind sided by somebody. I've been playing mostly team deathmatch, and I like that the games seem pretty fair for the most part as far as matchmaking goes. Despite me sucking, my team has managed to win a fair amount more than I've lost. Still, it frustrates me so much to be killed so often and takes the fun out of the game. I'll have good rounds where I end up killing quite a few people, and it's a lot of fun when that happens but it's pretty rare. Usually I'm the one with the least points at the end of the match and way too many deaths.

Part of the problem lays in that usually I have no idea what's going on. When I play it careful I end up getting flanked by somebody who doesn't show up on my radar, or if that doesn't happen I just end up not being able to find anybody to kill and eventually somebody finds me and kills me. When this happens I try to be more aggressive and hunt people down, which almost always results in getting mowed down by somebody I can't see. Even when I do manage to find an opponent across from me I usually am on the short end of the stick, although I can hold my own I guess. It's mostly the people who manage to pick me off from a million different locations that usually kills me.

I really just suck at multiplayer in pretty much all FPS games, I don't really know why, but it's pissing me off. If somebody can teach me how to hold my own in multiplayer first person shooter games I'll teach you how to be good at poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]