View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 08:00 PM

Default Iggy\'s Week 8 NFL picks

I didn't think I knew enough about the NFL to post picks, but I've actually gone 12-2 so far this year, so I'm getting a little more confident.

Houston at Tennessee -3 (2 units)
One good home win does not a good team make. Jacksonville's not a very good road team, and I'm not about to believe that Houston's completely turned their season around or anything. In their two previous road games this year, they lost to Indy 43-24 and lost to Dallas 34-6.

Tennessee meanwhile has been improving rapidly under Vince Young following the near-miss against the Colts with a 25-22 road win over Washington. They're also coming off a bye week, and I think this will be especially invaluable with a young QB who could use the extra week of film study.

That's my only pick so far, but I'll definitely do something with the under on Denver/Indy. I'm thinking the Peyton fanboys will probably continue to bet it up throughout the week, giving it a better price. (It's already gone from 36.5 to 37 (+103). If nothing else, I'll take the under on Denver's team total, as it's projected at 20 right now, and I really can't see Denver scoring that much against anyone.

One more thing: Can someone tell me when NFL team totals usually come out on Pinny? I don't want to have to take the under on Denver at -130 or something.