Thread: Mumia Abu-Jamal
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Mumia Abu-Jamal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, when I was a liberal I did all the research I could, WISHING I would discover that some huge injustice had been commited and I would have yet another grievance against my country.

Even with this biased mindset, I found it was clear that there is nothing about the case the indisputably puts him in the clear. Not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I spent a whole day once doing the same thing with Leonard Peltier. There's just nothing there with either of these guys; complete campus legends, nothing more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I've never understood what the big deal was with Peltier. I've done the same, and honestly, that case is totally open and shut. At least with Mumia, there is a little room to argue, although admittedly, not alot.

I think what it all boils down to is that some people just have such a bias against any law enforcement officer that anyone accused of killing a LEO must be somehow innocent, because obv, the LEO must've done something wrong because "they're all corrupt".

[/ QUOTE ]

With Peltier I think there was a lot of attention on Indian issues at the time, both actual & pop culture (Billy Jack, etc).

W/Mumia, if it had been a black cop in Atlanta instead of a white cop in Philly, he'd've rode the lightning long ago and no one would've paid the scantest attention. Even Al & Jesse haven't gone near him in years. RATM is a good band, in the same way Hanoi Jane is a good actress, but LOL at the grim, joyless earnestness of both of them.