View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: 3-bet pots with overcard flopping

I started thinking about this last night after it I was check-mini raised a few times and I had damn near half my stack in--ultimately forcing me to fold.

Obivously, this is much more complicated the lighter 3-betting and calling is. However, at the lower stakes games, ranges are almost always very narrow for the 3-bettor and caller. Certainly I make a note and if it becomes a trend, other options quickly come into play--but without a history, I'm not one to stack off in that case.

I cbet the living heck out of everything, don't get me wrong. These spots are difficult, I think, because we make them.

If villian thinks my usual cbet range is AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AK, which is probably 80-90 percent accurate, then on a Axx flop that I cbet--it's very possible I lay down KK/QQ/JJ to a miniraise. That seems like tons of value for such a small range, regardless of his holding.

Even if he's not outplaying me, by c-betting Axx in 3bet pot, aren't we asking for JJ/QQ to go away when we have KK? Certainly, we won't get much value from them regardless, but it seems they are most likely to drop it to a flop cbet.

It's highly possible these guys happened to do this with AK and just outflopped me. That's fine, but it's also possible they did not and I played these hands poorly.

Funny, we've had an "almost never and an almost always" response. We're all over the place here. Let's toss in the "it depends" and we're good to go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]