View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: 200plo: I got really confused here

your pre-flop play is a bit lose, but not as such terrible,,, i generally either limp or fold this hand however you raised..fine.. got re-raised by the BB.. ok this generally means from most tightish players aces...and your in position, so you call isnt terrible..

flop was checked...ok..i still cant help but think that this guy hits his top set and wants to get some action out of it, why else check after three betting heads up???....

Now turn comes....brings two flush draws and infinate amount of straight draws... so he decides its time to put a bet in.... but ohhh.. you've hit the second set, second nuts at this time.....this does make things interesting..

Without any knowledge on the opponent and given the fact that he three bet from the blinds there is just toooooooo high a chances he has top set here. Also you dont have any of the back up flush draws that can bail you out,,, however the large amount of draws may work in your favour, since it might quite easily slow him down if they do come and you decide to just call here.

My recommendation here is to just let this one go, in my mind he has aces faar to often here for you to shove. And if you do shove, what worse hand is he going to be calling with??there are a few like two pair and big flush draw, or kings with hearts, or something like k-q-a-t with some hearts, but they are in the minority, and you arnt that huge a fav against them.... your other play is just call this bet, hope the river does come a non-repeater flush card and have him either check it down with you.. or bet big and make it an easy lay down... but what do u do when he bets pot again on a safe card???

its a fold in my opinion, i have ran into aces far to often in these spots to make a call/shove here.