View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: What will make you happy?

Yeti,

Great subject, something I've thought about a lot at different points in my life. I'm about to turn 34, have a successful career, a loving wife, a beautiful daughter, and I still feel something missing. More money would be great, because more money would mean more time to be with my daughter. I'd also be happier if I was doing something more socially redeeming. Moving to a small town would be nice, because I'd like my daughter to have an upbringing more similar to my own, rather than the unrecognizable "childhood" Los Angeles offers her.

My love for my wife and child has definitely brought me more fulfillment than anything else in my life (especially my daughter, it's an entirely different ballpark). I'm a pretty selfish guy, but if it would benefit my daughter I would sacrifice everything. To see her happy is a moment of pure bliss, like nothing else I've experienced.

I guess my definition of "happy" is very close to "content", and I thus wonder and doubt whether I'll ever truly get there. This seems like both a negative and a positive. I wish I could stop and smell the roses, but I'm pretty sure that if I ever do I'll get really bored and cause more trouble for myself.