Thread: 3:10 To Yuma
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: 3:10 To Yuma

I walked into the movie with the prejudice of seeing the original plus reading these posts. I am greatly disappointed in the veteran posters who praised the film so highly.

The people who say the film is implausible are right on. There are things that are implausible in real life, and things implausible in the context of themselves. Unfortunately, the remake of 3:10 to Yuma is the latter, which is a mortal sin in movies.

The idea that people would bother taking an outlaw to a train to be hung in another city, while dozens of others are being blown away in the process is ridiculous and distracting. If a member of your posse is having his throat gouged out with a fork, you would not shoot the offender on the spot?

Also, Russell Crowe's character completely lacked the charm that Glenn Ford brought to the role. The scene with the woman at the bar was markedly inferior to the original film, which was a lot more suggestive without seeing any skin or a bedroom at all. The change of Crowe's character in the end was also unconvincing. Why would his posse bother going after him when it is clear that he is running away from them while jumping from roof to roof?

I'm adding "3:10 to Yuma" to this years list of most overrated films. It is second only to "The Bourne Ultimatum" in that regard.