View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: investor/finance fake job ideas please

I agree somewhat and have had some similar experiences but I just shut them down. If they start talking about poker I just tell them I deal with poker enough and this is my downtime so I would prefer to not talk about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Then the question of how much you can actually make comes up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe people have the lack of class to ask this but they do. People know better then to ask me so now they ask my GF.

I understand the desire to lie in this situation. I can't count the number of times people have asked me "If I gave you money how much could you make me?" or people who comp my bill at their restaurant then try to get picks out of me. It is annoying and awkward and I've stopped going to certain places to avoid.

That being said if you lie about it they are going to find out eventually. My general approach with people who I'm rarely going to see is just to deflect the question. If they have any social skills they won't really push it and I end up avoiding the conversation without lying (mind you this has also led a lot of people to think I'm a drug dealer).