View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Discussion of CTH FAQ

Thanks Sam, I've been asking for this for awhile! Glad to see you're the man taking charge!!! It is greatly appreciated. I think we definitely need to get a thread going for the FAQ (or just find a suitable one already in existence) for probably the most common question here....... "what specs should I look for on a new computer." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I saw that you don't have anything yet under the category of "How do I secure my wireless network". I'm sure someone could write a tutorial but I think one the best suggestions is to send people to their router's manufacturer's website. Most every name brand networking company has very simple instructions, often with photos or diagrams, explaining how to set up the security for each of the wireless routers. And since there are hundreds of routers out there, each a little different, it's never easy to write one catch all tutorial. Just throwing that out there. However, a general tutorial isn't necessarily bad. Just no need in us reinventing the wheel. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks again for the hard work Sam.

- Jason