Thread: NL: how deep??
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: NL: how deep??

Eh, I'll play along. Like all poker questions, it's so dependent on the community cards, the opponents, and the rest of the situation that all of this goes with a grain of salt. The following answers apply to NL25.

At about 75 BBL effective I start to think I'm playing wrong to stack off with TPTK on a dry board.

I don't think the same thing about bottom set until about 300 BBL effective. Since that's rare in a 100 BBL limited game, I don't recall any time in 25K online hands that I've thought I would have been right to fold a set on an uncoordinated board. My only concern is how to get the stacks in.

Ditto middle set. 305 BBL just to give a little different answer, but preflop action should usually give you a clue whether you're against top set.

You didn't ask about two pair, but I'm usually OK with getting 100 BBL stacks in with top two. Let's say 80 BBL bottom two, 85 BBL top-and-bottom, 125 BBL top two.

Just some silly estimates but I'm interested in the ensuing discussion, vague though it is.