View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
>You really have to be able to look at the 72o that cold called 4 pf and hit runner runner 2 pair and say "nice hand sir".
I usually do pretty well until it happens 6 times in a row.

>those guys 3 betting don't have jack
but they always flop a set!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just skimmed your problem-posts and here's my 2 cents:

Once a player achieves a certain level of technical skill the most important thing he MUST do is maintain emotional control. If he can't he shouldn't play. It sounds like maybe the Cali games might not be for you. How about coming back to Phoenix or go up to LV? The games up in LV play a bit more 'sanely' and the games in Phoenix are not quite up to the LA craziness. Maybe it would be better for you.

Also: Players tend to bash themselves about their mistakes and how much they cost themselves and start adding up what their win would be for the year if they didn't make them and come up with something like 'I'd be driving a Benz if it wasn't for these damn bad plays' but I don't think they're as bad as many of us think they are. We also make money when we make mistakes and it tends to even things out to a degree. I know that I make plenty of bone-head plays that end up winning big pots and while they probably don't quite make up for the bone-head plays that lose me some money they DO reduce their effect. My point: It's probably not as big a leak as you think and it's possible that it's just that you're in a game you're not prepared for.