View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Don\'t come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread)

has anyone got any pot-limit hold'em experience? i mentioned that i played a game last night (and got pwnd), but i think it's a super juicy game.

it's $300 buy-in and $5 big-blind. the players are generally heaps laggy and are often playing for stacks, which I guess are only moderate size at 60bb.

you will often have a $15-$25 preflop raised called in multiple spots and pots are regularly $60-$100, 4 or 5 handed on the flop.

this seems to make big off-suits hard to play (especially OOP) as you will often find yourself going to the flop 4 ways in a big pot with a top pair or UI OCs. I just don't think I can get raise preflop with AK, and c-bet like $60 into a $60-$75 pot, UI into 3-4 opponents. I think i will only do this with a max of two oppenents as a default rule.

i think open limping mid pairs like 77 is better than open raising. if you open raise them for $15-$20, someone will often come back over the top for the pot and leave you isolated oop. if you only limp them, its harder for someone behind to raise you for such a big bet. i think i will open limp them ep and open raise them lp. maybe raise them after 1 limper. after 1 limper i can raise to $30 total which might get me HU with the limper, although this will really depend on the players behind me. maybe overlimp after two or more calls.

i think i have to play lots of SCs too.

i think this game is going to be high varriance...