View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: 2+2ers at FTOPS Razz - 11/8 - 9pm eastern

It's 4:55 am and there are 4 players left at the final table. The antes are 2500, limit 15/30k. But I couldn't leave until now because I spent the last hour, along with what seemed like at least 15 other people watching the best display of short stack play possibly anywhere.

It was impossible for LL7358 to get to the final table - 2nd lowest with a few hundred separating her from lowest, four people to go to the final table, huge stacks all around. It was smart and patient and lucky and none of us could believe her.

At one point to freeze the action while a player at another table finished going out on a hand, she announced in the chat box: GOTTA PEE and her time bank started ticking down. The guys didn't get the "joke" and thought she really went to the john, but I was watching both tables and she came back and finished her hand after the other table hand was over.

Somehow, she stalled, folded, waited, got lucky, and not only made the final table as an incredible short stack. But three other players went out before she did. It was a virtuoso performance worthy of the 7 thousand dollars she made by just staying in. (Oh, and when she played, she did it quite well.)

When she finally went out, all the observers commented and then I guess we all left. The final four will play out somehow, someone will make some deal, whatever. So, I'm off to bed - you missed a great show.

LL - if you read 2+2, congrats on your nerve, brains and determination!