View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Small Blind Play

[ QUOTE ]
When it's folded to me in the sb, I'm just making it up as I go along...

How do you play in the small blind in these situations, assuming
a) BB is the type who will raise your completion with just about any 2, and

[/ QUOTE ]

I am never just completing unless I know BB is going to raise and I have a strong hand. Usually won't complete there either though, because the one time he does decide to check his option is the time he flops trip 2s with 82o [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

b) BB checks his option often.

[/ QUOTE ]

If BB is one to check his option frequently in situations like this, he is telling you that he is weak and/or passive. I will be raising liberally in this situation.
[ QUOTE ]

Without prior reads, and assuming you are oop all streets, what's your default mix of hands to complete/raise/fold in the SB in an unraised pot, which is folded to the sb?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think these situations have far less to do w/ the cards you are holding and much more on the opponent. If I have no reads, I will tighten up a bit until I get some reads, and then play accordingly.
[ QUOTE ]

Do you go for bigger raise sizing since we are oop, or some sort of "as much as it takes to get BB to fold" judgement bet sizing..."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in hearing thoughts on this as well. I know I have read that some people make the raise a bit bigger if they are going to possibly OOP. Many times though this is referring to a situation like hero having AKo in SB w/ 3 limpers to him. In this case, instead of raising 4BB+1 for each limper, there are those that would suggest something like 5-6BB+1/limper. I dunno???