Thread: Mike's Log
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Mike\'s Log

Well Ive been super lazy with keeping track of progress lately , which hasnt really mattered because Ive been gaining pretty fast..but I have a feeling Im starting to plateau a bit so keeping better records will def be helpful.

Background

I used to work out a bit just after highschool and got up to about 170lbs (was about 150 grad year) Was in pretty decent shape, then didnt work out for basically 3 yrs, or play any sports etc. Dropped back down to 155. Started back at the gym about 6 wks ago and am back up to 167 now, with pretty good strength gains (muscle memory ftw) So yah, basically Im back where I started which is probably just a little below my peak conditioning. Also for the record my bf% is between 17.3 and 15 (according to scale which I realize isnt that great but good enough reference for now)

Goals

Well, short term Id like to get up to 185 or so with similar bf. Other than that I dont have many specific goals..Id like to bench 225x10 which Im pretty far away from Im sure (seeing as I dont do barbell bench atm) Id also like to squat 405x10. Also, Id like to work on my deadlift form and weight since its BRUTAL right now (weight anyways 155 for reps) Also would like to finally get 10xBW pullups for once in my life. (3x10 would be even better but 10 would be a nice start) Ive never been able to do this..got 8 off last week and when I started I could only do 4 so hopefully soon.

Nutrition/Supps

Havent really been monitoring my cals/macros. Might start to might not. I would estimate Im getting about 250g of protein/day and probably around 3500-4000 cals from clean sources. Also I dont eat fish which sorta sucks but I eat tons of chicken and turkey. Also a LOT of brown rice and a little whole wheat pasta. And a fair bit of granola.

As far as supps go I take creatine, a multi, whey, BCAAs, glutamine, and NOxplode. Also vitamin C and water.

Workout

Im on a basic 5 day split right now with some core work and cardio mixed in pretty randomly. I mix up the days most weeks with back or legs usually on day 1 and day 4 and the rest mixed up pretty good. Im also getting 2 sets of kettlebells in hopefully this week but havent started yet. Ive been slacking on mixing up the individual excercises but will probably start soon (again, havent really had to yet but will probably need to soon) I dunno if this system is the most effective or what people on this board like, but its worked well for me always (aside from legs which I will switch to higher reps sometimes), so Ill stick with it for now unless I start to seriously plateau

09/12/07

k so todays workout was legs.

3min light biking

Squats

Prev PR: 1x205x10 2x225x10 last week

10x135 (warmup)
225x10
275x8
225x10

Dumbell Walking Lunges

Prev PR 3x45x9

3x50x9

Lying Hamstring Curls

PR unknown

10x80
10x95
8x80

Gym closed before I could do my calves but they are a bit sore from jumping rope anyways so no biggie. All in all a pretty good workout. I might try to change my squat reps to 15 next week, prolly around 225. We'll see tho cuz Id also like to get a few reps off at 3 plates but that might hafta wait till 2 wks from now. Also my calves started cramping during the last set of hammy curls which I think is due to the fact I was sweating more than usual. Not a nice feeling tho.

Tomorrow: Chest or Shoulders not sure yet leaning towards chest.

-Mike