View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: The immigration issue (YouTube Republican debate)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just to confirm: illegal (excuse me dennis kucinich, undocumented) immigrants pay taxes? Is that a fact, jack?

[/ QUOTE ]

They certainly pay sales taxes when they buy things. Illegal immigrants who are assigned fake SS #s by their employers are also paying payroll taxes and aren't be eligible to collect any of the benefits.

[/ QUOTE ]

The VAST MAJORITY pay taxes. All the ones working at burger king, mcdonalds, wendys, whatever....they all get cut paychecks and have taxes deducted.

The house cleaners don't, and I think my sister, who cleans one house every 2 weeks for some pocket money.... I would be willing to bet that she does not report that on her and her husbands annual income taxes.

I don't know how the people who pick fruit are paid but the people working in regular stores are paid by check with SSA, FICA, Fed, state railroad, whatever the hell.... deducted right out of it before it gets to them. The 1099's are then all filed by the employers to the government and none of the immigrants file tax returns.

For the past 15 years the IRS has been getting 1099's from dozens of meat packing plants across the midwest with 100 employee's all with the same SSN. LOL

I don't understand it. People come on her biotching about people who cross a the desert to get a job at McDonald's but keep their trap shut about the government standing around handing out welfare, et al, to able bodied citizens.