View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: $25 NL Pokerstars hand reviews Part 1

Hand 1

I raise to about 5 on the flop and then try to get it all in on the turn. He probably has an ace, but probably not AJ (just based on the chances of that with AJ on the flop, it's more likely he has AK, AQ, AT etc.) As played, I call the turn and shove the river if he bets.

Hand 2

Probably a grudging laydown. You can call here with the Kd for backup but I think folding is safer.

Hand 3

Stop. Think about it. What the hell did he do that with preflop that you're ahead of that you now aren't? Obv. nothing. So either you played preflop badly and he's got a big pair, or he's firing a c-bet with AK, AQ etc. and you should be happy. It's tough to pick a bet size. Most raises get you into a mess because you either have to shove (in which case he either calls and murders you or chucks his AK. Sometimes he calls with A8 etc., but that's not much here). Pot is 14 with your call, and villain has ~18. No way you raise/fold this. Either fold now or go for it. I'd favour calling and shoving (either over the top or open) on the turn (probably not if an A hits). Based on the read you gave, he's not often crushing you here.

Do bear in mind I only play at 10NL and I play longhand, but that's what I'd do.