Thread: QTs Live
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: QTs Live

Preflop: Good stuff. You've got a bunch of marginal players limping and you're raising with what could be the best hand, and if it isn't there are a lot of ways for this hand to play well.

Flop: The flop raise is ok. I make this move a lot myself (maybe too much) when I might have the best hand and want to press people a bit and see who might have a strong hand. In this case it might be a marginal move, SB limped in and then bet into the whole field (not to mention the preflop raiser). A huge portion of her range has a J here, and if she's only got a 10 it is likely bigger than yours.

Turn: Once again, I normally bet here, but in this case the check is probably better. Are you folding to a raise here? If you're feeling that your hand might still be best, and you're showdown-bound, a bet/fold here might be an okay line, since a check will cost you the same amount when you get bet into on the river, but will give all the other players a free card to suck out. I think you need to improve to win though, and a free card in this position is basically the best reason for the flop raise.

River: Check. The loading chips thing is a sign of weakness, but it's likely that she only thinks she's losing because of the strength you've shown throughout the hand. A preflop raise, flop raise, turn bet probably has her thinking overpair or better, but she's calling with top pair here a huge percentage of the time.

If she's really weak, bet at her, since it is your best chance at the pot and only needs to work a tiny fraction of the time to be EV+.