View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Turn play with set

First I think 26 hands is not really enough to give us an accurate range on this player. In particular with regards to his PFR stats. It's very possible he picked up a bunch of strong hands early in the session. 26 hands is ok for VPIP but you need more to get an accurate read on his raising standards

I don't really agree that most players will cap with AK. A lot of players tend play it very weak pre flop because it's "a drawing hand" However I do think QQ is doubtfull. I think alot of the 2 pair hands like QJ,JT, QT don't really make sense based on how the way the hand was played. Most players don't raise in EP with these hands. Checkraising the turn with these hands against a PF 3 better with this board doesn't make much sense either. (but then again there are alot of dumb players so who knows)

The real question here IMO is does he have something like AT, KQ, KJ? And would he play them this way postflop? (checking the flop, then checkraising the turn with just a draw or pair+ draw against a player who's shown alot of strength) If he would play these hands like that then we have a ton of equity vs. his range but the Villain here is essentially unknown. I really don't like giving unknown's credit for making plays like this. With a better read I'd probably 3bet but in this spot I think I'm calling down. (maybe that's weak though)