View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Called my cb, turn helps me somewhat. now what?

the issue i have with how you played this hand is your bet sizing. since you are oop, you have to throw in at least a pot-sized raise. i am making it $55 pf. as played villain is getting 2:1 to call on the button, so you're not folding out a high enough % of his range to raise AJ like this.

Your cbet is too small on the flop, and if you're standard cbet is 3/5psb i'm not surprised you're getting floated a lot. you're laying almost 3:1 for villain to call, so if he should be calling with any SD, FD or pair.

If the pot is $110 on the flop (i think your converter is off and it is actually $94 in your hand), and you pot it or bet $100, it becomes harder for him to call with draws or pocket pairs 66-TT, which make up a large % of his range. You will also be able to get him to fold a hand like KQ/KJ a large % of the time if you double barrel. The way you've played it up to this point, though, he's not going fold those hands. if i'm the villian, i think that you have made a weak resteal pf and a weak cbet on the flop - likely with a hand just like the one you have.