View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Need shaft/loft advice for driver...launch monitor stats included

Is it possible for you to demo all of them side by side? Ideally you want a higher launch angle and lower spin rate. The higher launch for you will probably come from a higher lofted club, while the lower spin rate will come from shaft characteristics (high/mid kick point)

One caveat to the launch monitor: the readings in my experience tend to promote a launch angle that is a perfect in windless conditions on soft gorund. Keep in mind what type of conditions you are playing in. If you play in windy conditions or on firm fairways then you may not want to go with quite as high a launch angle as the monitor says.
Personally I would rather give up 2-7 yards to have the ability to hit it lower if I play in those type of conditions.

If possible just hit them all a few times and see what the results are...both in trajectory, flight direction, and consistency. Let me know if you have other questions as I have done quite a few driver fittings. (also make sure you try the TM Burner if you havent already, a majority of my fits have found it to be their favorite)