View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: AKo - 0.50/1.00 Stars - River Line

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you just bet the river? If you get raised, you cannot think that TPTK is good with his low aggression factor. If you planned on calling if he bet anyway, then why not bet out. If he is calling you with a weak ace, then you will make more value on your hand, if he raises, then you can most likely fold. (given your read)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the bolded parts, but not the rest. The rest of the post does not take into account the low VPIP.

[ QUOTE ]
There is no way you can fold this. I would bet out here against most players. He either needs an 10,8 for a straight (no chance), KT (thats a very fishy CC), AJ, A9,A7 for 2 pair (fishy CC's again). AQ beats us. Yep, bet for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand ranges you put him on (mainly the two pair hands) with the exception of AJs are fishy CC pf and would be surprised to see that in showdown. I excluded AJs from his range after I eliminated the fact that I would have probably seen aggression on the turn.

The question is, what hand range does a tight player smooth call preflop but shows no aggression on the flop and turn? How does that hand range match up given the river? Do I bet for value here?

I don't see a weaker ace that can CC preflop that I can beat here save ATo which I don't consider given the tightness of our Villain.

I have some analysis to do before bed. Before I post the results I'd like to see more discussion.

Edit: Of course I have to trust the stats as that is the really the only piece of information that I have, along with my lack of notes due to his spectacularly unimaginative play and how this hand has played out.