View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Poker IQ Test - Results & Discussion

I got 115, which according to the above means I could play in no limit cash games.

That is completely false. I can't even play .25/.50 no limit cash games. I have absolutely no chance to win in cash games (I don't like them anyhow, so maybe that contributes, I'm often on boredom tilt while playing them).

In fact, I have so far to go in terms of improvement I don't even see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm a low limit MTT player.

I've won a 1730 entrant tournament, final tabled a 2200+ entrant tournament, final tabled a 350 entrant HORSE tournamet, and had a few other final tables in higher entrant tournaments. I've also won a 4.40 180 man, and had many final tables in those. I don't do much volume though, and I think that affects decision making at times (e.g. you may be more risk averse if you're playing one tournament a day or every other day, that's up for debate I suppose).

I'm lacking in the mathematical side of the game. And, my emotion (although getting much better) is a hinderance.

I don't analyze my game enough...I had pokerxfactor which was AWESOME for hand history analysis, but I cancelled because I really didn't use it for anything else.

2007 has been profitable for me (not highly...about 27% ROI in MTTs). So, I've actually improved since I started. But, again, I have SO far to go, and cash games are SO FAR away for me (I realize they are the most profitable poker game to play, AND I also realize that cash games are the toughest, and have the best players in poker). I just love tournaments too much still.

One thing about this test was that I told myself that I wanted to go with my initial thought on each question rather than trying to overanalyze it. Don't know if that helped, or made it worse. On about five of the questions I had to reread it about three times. I didn't guess on any of the questions, I at least had a reason for making each choice.

Thanks to the OP for this thread, it's been fun!