View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: grrrrr... A6 in the sb??? high blinds

My thinking went like this:

My opponent has already proven that he will race wide. If I hit and bet, he will not likely double me through (because, lets be honest, he would have to hit while I hit, and it would be hard for him to call a shove with a pair of tens with an ace on the board, although it is possible)

So, the problem I have is understanding how shoving this at 15bbs in "unexploitable." I couldn't care less about unexploitable, I am looking for optimal.

I could go on with a tangent about "waiting for better spots," but I feel too lazy to write anything at the moment, so I figured that this would be as good a spot as any.

Limp:

If I limp, he may shove (I would call, obv.), or check. If I bet and he c/r's me, I may have to call. But the most likely scenario is that either he will donk into me or we will check it down if I miss on the flop. I would win if he misses, etc.

If he did donk into me, would I be able to raise AI?

Raise:

Well. I could attempt to steal the blinds, except this guy has played every single hand thus far. So, unless I feel like I can get maximum value post flop, I can't see a min-raise here.

Shove:

I don't have to make any decisions, he will be willing to call with any A, probably any two Broadways, and any pocket pair. I felt like I was ahead enough of his racing range to make this a shove.

Thus, I shoved.