View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Official CHECKS information thread

Not that it matters much, but I have been the recipient of a raised eyebrow or two when cashing a couple Pokerstars checks. They were those "CHEXX" checks issued by Pokerstars. Because I'm impatient, rather than depositing it into my bank account, I went to the bank listed on the check (First Bank). The supervisor attempted to interrogate me by asking me questions such as "Is this check an internet check?" Furthermore, I spent five or ten minutes a couple times as the bank tried to ascertain the validity of the check. Apparently, these checks looked suspicious as though they might be fraudulent. At least that's what the teller claimed.

Ultimately, it never mattered as I got my money minus the banks ten dollar check cashing fee. Admittedly, I did have a few anxious moments as I wondered if they'd cash my check. I wasn't willing to give the bank employees any information they didn't need. It's not like I said, "I confess! I'm a no-good piece of crap online gambler and this check is from an illegal offshore poker website!"

Jeffrey