View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Stephon Marbury Inteview....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Isiah: That's an excellent question. The key is to make people believe you're trying something that's never been done before. In my case, I always try to acquire the best guy in the trade, regardless of whether it's a good deal or not -- then I can say I'm "stockpiling assets," which throws people off the trail a little bit. Then, I like to float big names to reporters … like right now, I'm making it seem like KG is a possibility for us, and that's why I'm gathering all of these assets. But I don't have a chance in hell of getting KG. If Minnesota trades KG, it's going to be for cap space, picks and young players, and we can't give them two of those three things. So they would never deal with us ---.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory that should be true, but remember, Kevin McHale is running the T-Wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Thomas: That's why, as I said before, I like to float out rumors that we're "arming ourselves with assets" to make a run at guys we could never realistically get -- like KG, Kobe or LeBron -- because it gives our fans hope. They think we have a chance at those guys, when the teams that actually have a chance are the Bulls, Clippers, Hornets, Bobcats, Celtics or anyone else with valuable young players and multiple picks. You really think I could get KG this summer for Jalen's contract, Channing Frye, David Lee and a 2012 No. 1 pick? Come on.

McHale: You're doing it again, it's like you're deliberately testing me.

[/ QUOTE ]