View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: M3 = stealing from the laborer to give to the investor?

[ QUOTE ]
If you also correctly adjust bank accounts and bonds for the same inflation and higher tax rates the real after tax differential between them and the stock market makes the comparison much more favorable to stocks than just saying "10%". The trade off obviously is the high standard deviation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's why I said the antipapermoneycrowd who advise hard assets, real estate, etc., over dollar denominated assets.
I think it's interesting that if you told most people that the stock market would only give you a 2% or less return they would look at you like youre crazy. I mean even if the figures are off it's only 3-3.5%, I doubt people would even believe that.

On the other hand I doubt things like gold are the answer, cause just look at e-gold, the guy got indicted again and all his assets(gold) frozen by the feds. with the thing about good money driving out bad money, I doubt the government would let gold get out of control when they can just use police powers, declare gold a terroriist weapon or something.