View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods Dealer venting, scene 2

[ QUOTE ]
I say to her "Should we turn our cards over?" and when she says nothing I just flip my QT over. She flips over just the A of diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
She picks up her cards and throws them towards the dealer. They go about halfway from the 9 seat, well over the "betting line", but do not touch the muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The A is still showing, the other card is still face down. The dealer, who is one of the worst at Foxwoods - and that is saying alot - sits there motionless for about 3 seconds. The woman then exclaims "oh goodness I have a straight!". She retrieves her hand from over the line and proudly displays her AK for the win.

[/ QUOTE ]

She turned up one card during banter after an all-in. Then, after seeing the final board and the OP's cards, she "picked up her cards and threw them toward the dealer" with the one card remaining up. It's not as if she threw her cards over in an attempt to show them and one accidentally remained face down. She was DISCARDING her hand. How hard is it to see that? And yes, I believe in this case the proper procedure would be for the dealer to take this hand that she obviously discarded, turn the upcard over and bury it.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who thinks that my function is to look for opportunities to immediately muck face-down cards in an attempt to punish, does not understand my job at all (see: Jeffage).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what I said at all - I think your job is to pay attention to what's going on and muck a hand that it is pretty clear a player intended to discard after what she believed to be a better hand, not give her a few minutes to realize what she actually had and correct it.

Jeff