View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Standard Parent Question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New mothers can be amazingly smug and think that they have somehow been granted maturity and centrality to the universe's goings-on by popping out a larva.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever have anything good to say about women, besides in regards to their looks? Every time women and specifically children come up you seem to have a huge chip on your shoulder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you ever not defensive and generalizing?

I'll say this about women -- they all too often think their sex and any members of it are off limits to criticism. Retaliatory accusations, even when you're not being attacked, such as the one you just made, are strangely enough not that uncommon.

If you said men can be jerks, do you think many men would disagree with you or paint you with the huge clumsy brush of misanthropy just for noting something so clearly true?

If not, why do you think it is okay for you to do that to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize if I was out of line here. In my defense, I have noticed repeated posts on your part, most in OOT probably, that seem negative on parenthood. However, I did generalize and that's not fair.

I acknowledge that you and I come from completely different life experiences and it probably makes it hard for us to relate on this topic specifically.

FWIW I don't think my sex is off limits to criticism. Far from it. One thing you and I do seem to agree on is the realities of human nature.