View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: 50NL: Isolating Limpers

Overly mechanical seems right, your play should be based on the tendencies of the limpers already in the pot and the tendencies of the blinds behind you.

Don't Cbet missed flops into 3 or more people.

Cbets are largely board dependent, figure out your opponent's range and what range of hands your opponent puts you on (if they are putting you on one), then Cbet accordingly.

On occassion, check a low flop, you can't have AA everytime. Be selective with you Cbets. You may feel like you are being weak tight to check behind 2 callers, but if you have your Cbet% up, you'll usually see that you are firing at 75% of the pots (it should be this high IMO, having this stat up on myself lets me know that I am definitely firing more than I am checking behind.)

Definitely raise w/ MPPs, you want a bigger pot built when you hit your set and stack someone. It's hard to stack someone in a small limped pot, and putting someone on a hand is much more difficult.

KJs is marginal at best, raise w/ it when you have a good opportunity to take down the pot uncontested or most of the limpers have a high Fold to CBet%. If you have some donkeys in the game who will pay you off w/ a weaker kicker, then take them to value town.

Yes, a lot of your profits at 50NL will come from making hands and getting paid off. Getting paid off is set up by playing hands aggressively from position. They'll get tired of you raising and Cbetting. When they start playing back at you, you will hopefully make a hand and stack them. Stacking opponents is your goal in NLHE. This is all set up by selectively aggressive play from position.