View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 02:19 AM

Default NL400 flopped 2 pair

No real read about the villain, seems passive pre-flop but more active post-flop. Not a regular and playing only one table which gives the impression he might not be that good. Almost doubled up (~600$ pot) few hands ago when 3 barreled every street with 87 flushdraw and pair on the flop and got called down by a fish with the bottom pair on the river and the villain's pair of eights was still best. Can't find the HH so here we go:

[JerryD] T7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on BB
Villain raises to 8$ on the CO, I call 4$. 2 way action and effective stacks 400$ /100bb.

I'll see a flop with this, can't be a real mistake.

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot 16$)
JerryD checks, Villain bets 18$, Jerryd raises 48$, Villain calls.

I'm not confident that a bet-3bet attempt would work (the board seems like a one that he'll just call with many hands), so I opt to check-raise. However I make my first mistake here and for some reason c-raise too small, i was preoccupied and messed it up, i know. About 75$ better?

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot 112$)
JerryD checks, Villain bets 110$, JerryD calls.

The Ace sort of confuses me and i'm a bit worried that i'm outdrawn or then this kills all action. If he has AK/AQ/AJ for example which might be the case because of my small flop raise, i think i'm better off calling turn and river.I don't think i can check-raise all-in and get any real value from hands that are worse so I decide to call turn and catch a bluff or thin value on river too by checking. Leading the turn didn't seem good here.

River 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot 332$)
JerryD raises all-in 223$, Villain thinks about it and folds.

Okay, i hit my full. I decide to shove because to be honest I don't know what better to do. My shove is somwhat strange so he'll might do some bluffcatching but i guess it really doesn't feel like a bluff neither. All and all very confused in this hand and played it pretty bad IMO. I don't know what got to me. Small pre-flop pot and a weirdish situation and got somehow confused.

I would very much like to hear what would you do on basically all the streets. Might have messed them all up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Is a check-raise on the flop okay? Turn 100% check-raise all-in?