View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: AA faces push with player all-in

[ QUOTE ]
Eww, that's a gross spot...totally looks like 55...no way SB has AK here since he would RR pre if he's decent at all. I think you have to let this one go unless you're a fan of variance. Even if he has something like JTs, you're still barely ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a 3:1 favorite over JT, unless it is suited in [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and then it is a coin flip. If he thinks you raised pf with AdKd then he needs you off the hand with TPTK and the nut flush draw if he hit his set. If he thinks you just have a K or AA/QQ then I think it is a bad shove to get you off a hand you are drawing slim with.

A lot depends on your image and what he perceives. Would you raise pf with just AKo, suited connectors or air oop. What is his image? Does he have AK, bottom set or the nut flush draw? Some guys like to push with a combo draw, pair and flush draw, str8 and flush draw and bet enough to see the turn and the river, because more money would go in after the turn and there might be some fold equity.

Tough choice, but I am siding with fold, it really is only 1 pair. In reality, you can't beat the set of 5s, 10s, or KD. You can beat AK, a flush draw and a str8 draw.