View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: 100NL- AJs in SB, SPR Question

[ QUOTE ]
I think 4 is too little. At least with 5 then we have some FE PF, but I think both of these players are gong to call 4 every time. And AJ isn't really THAT strong of a hand, so I'd like a lower SPR if possible for those times I do flop a jack.

The thing about 5 is that I'd really like to be HU with MP3, and it seems likely that the button will call 4 more if MP3 does. However, there is some benefit to having the short stack in, which might offset how easy it will be for me to get pot stuck against him with overs- his presence creates a protected pot so it will be very difficult for MP3 to float/bluff a flop c-bet.

I actually think 6 might be best, especially since it will sometimes result in a HU pot with a good SPR (3.75) against MP3. The only problem with 6 is if the button does call then a c-bet commits me to getting all in with overs against him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking further it would probably be best to raise to 6 as you mention since you should tailor your raises towards the deep stack since more money is at risk against him.