View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

1) I subscribe to both Stoxpoker and Cardrunners. Both have helped my game considerably. I have every 2+2 book money can buy and there's always one in my hand when I'm lying around the house. Lately, I've been toying more with PokerStove because I have a newfound understanding of equity. Funny how we think we know something and it turns out we didn't. That acceptance allowed me to start retooling my game six months ago and switch exclusively to NL cash.

2) I have several poker goals. One is to become the best player I possibly can and play stakes that will allow me an early retirement. Not really retirement, but allow me to switch careers, I guess. To do that would require me to beat the game consistently for an awful lot of money, but I am confident I can do that especially if the current state of online poker changes for the better with new legislation.

3) 50NL is what I currently play. I've become a BR nit and grinded to 50NL from a 5NL roll that was just left over from my departure from online poker when the chit hit the fan a year ago. I came back in March this year and have been propping on a small site to get where I am now.

4) I don't post strat much because when I used to, I just got laughed at. Long ago, I tried to post on the beginner forum, but there were posters doing that better than I could, so I left. There was a long stretch in '05 - '06 where I posted strat in the STTF forum back when I was grinding SNGs, but certainly not respected by anyone nor good enough for me to give any advice. I even made a couple stupid strat posts where I misread my hand and didn't realize it until it was too late and the embarrassment sent me to lurker status for a long time. So, sorry, this may not get me accepted to the program, but I haven't posted much strat this year. Would it help if I said I'd change that?

5) About me? 44 year old fat guy getting overpaid in the IT industry. Kids are all grown and out of the house so I can play poker live or online whenever I feel like it. Came into poker with the Moneymaker crowd. Limit for a while. Made a bit of money up to 3/6. Switched to SNGs and made a bit up to the 30+3s. Gave up online for live after legislation, made a bit of money. Came back online in March this year to exclusively play NL. I've always been either a small winner or a breakeven player. I've never lost at whatever it was I was playing at the time over decent samples. I just need to continue my growth in NL.

Also, I can run the website and forums. I'd angle to use something like WordPress or something similar.

Anything else? I've got zero attitude, tons of potential, listen well, teach well (when I know the material), and have been at this long enough to prove I'm not in poker for the short term. If I can get to mid stakes online and 5/10 live with the help of a support group, I'd give much back to the group.

Onaflag..........