View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Bankroll for full time play

[ QUOTE ]
I see you've thought it through. I'm not going to dissuade you.

Chen's suggestion is to figure out how much you are going to withdraw then subtract that from your winrate and calculate your Risk of Ruin using the second number.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do understand people's eyebrow raising when someone mentions about going pro. For me going pro is not something I woke up with 1 morning and I did off the cuff, it's been a gradual enough process... anyway...

Yeah I read the part about subtracting your withdrawls from your win rate. On a positive note If I can play enough hands my rakeback alone should make this subtraction quite small if anything. I'll need to estimate my monthly rakeback to be sure. Specifically what I haven't figured out yet is how to input the various variables into Chen's RoRU formula and I'm an ex Mathematics graduate (long time ago mind so i'm rusty [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]), I think I might have to read through more of the book to understand the formula better. If anyone can give a practical example of inputting the win rates, standard deviation and hands played into an equation that would be great.