View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Bankroll for full time play

[ QUOTE ]
I was surprised when I read your 6300 hands/week statement. Last month for example I played close to 75k hands despite the fact that my month essentially ended on the 26th because I had to visit the in-laws.
If you play full-time I think 6300 is a ridiculously low amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I normally don't play more than 4 tables at a time, and I'm also reasonably choosy about which tables I play, so in between waiting for a seat in a juicy table and quitting a table when it has no fish or maniacs left my mt ratio would struggle to be above 2.5. I mentioned 35 hours a week, maybe I could try to increase this to say 50. I worked out that I average almost 74 hands per hour in Hold'em, a lot less in Omaha but I have a far higher bb/100 win rate in Omaha.

Anyway taking it as 74 hands per hour, 50 hours a week with mt ratio of 2.5*50*2.5*74 = 9250 hands a week. So 9250 hands a week works out at approx 40000 hands a month. This is still almost half of what you acheived in a month. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Not sure how I could turn over that number of hands in a month. It'd be good if I could do so as the rakeback alone should cover my wage requirements. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Most of the time I'm not prepared to put in more than 50 hours a week as it would effectively mean I become a hermit. So the only thing that I can really affect is my mt ratio. Playing a max of 4 tables for me at least means a real mt ratio of 2.5 at best! I've never got comfortable with playing more than 4 tables at a time. Maybe if I adjusted my game and tightened up a bit I could do this. I'd still be concerened that the standard of my play would drop to a point that it was -EV to be playing so many tables.

LouisCyphre can you tell me how you manage to play 75000 hands in a month, you putting in a lot of hours or playing 6 tables + or both?