View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: October Brent and Scott Thread

Sorry for making what is essentially a blogpost (and it probably will be one) here, but I had long weekend:

Friday night

7pm: Matt's birthday. Meet at his house for drinks and food. Group of ~15 head to Williams in uptown for beer/darts/peanuts.
Brag: Bell's Two Hearted Ale on tap. Also had a Warsteiner.
Brag: Clutch 3-bullseye round to conclude a gutsy come from behind victory in Cricket rubber match. Possibly the greatest moment in darts history.
Beat: Drank too much?
Variance: One of the girls in the cab ride home is convinced there is a place in Africa called Jared. My new friend/our Ethiopian cab driver disagrees. Google also disagrees but says there are some people named Jared in Africa.

Saturday

9am: Wake up on Matt's couch. Nasty hangover.

9:30: Matt and I buy eggs/sausages/hashbrowns and make breakfast at Joe's condo.

11-12:30: Play madden, call cab.

1pm: standing outside in heavy rain and strong wind. Happy as can be because I am waiting to enter the
Autumn Beer Review.
Spend the next 5 hours drinking many many different beers. Rain ends for good by 3 and panchos are ditched.

6pm: cab back to Joe's, try to play Madden, pass out.

8:30: Wake up to find that someone made spaghetti!

9pm: Gasthof's for Octoberfest celebration. $5 for mug + $5 for fill doesn't sound attractive. Neither does drinking more beer anyway.

11pm: downtown Minneapolis. At another birthday party for a friend of a friend at Gluek's. Tired. Daydrunk is fun, nighthangover isn't. Sit outside by myself from 12-1:30 watching people come and go from more trendy place next door (Annex/Lonetree). I contemplate taking a bus home, but find current situation relaxing and surprisingly entertaining. Probably more fun then hanging out in the bar would have been, even if I had been feeling good and/or drinking. At some point a drunk girl comes out of the bar to smoke and explains to her friend how she loves Jesus and cigarettes.

2am: home for the first time since Friday.

3am: pass out

Sunday

9am: Up again. Shower, get dressed in Vikings attire.

9:30: Matt arrives at my house. We drive to Wayzata to pick up free Vikings tickets.

11am: find parking spot in Minneapolis (lol got lost in the suburbs)

12-3: Sit in 17th row, 50 yard line, great view of the Vikings losing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Applaud Favre for first time ever when he breaks the all-time TD record. Rewarded for staying until the end as the Vikings almost pull off a comeback as miraculous as my Friday darts triumph.

3:30: Walk back to car in pouring rain.

4:30: Finally home again. Check fantasy football, shower, eat.

5:15: Nap

6:15: Get up and dressed again. Manage to spray cologne in my eye.

6:30: Ride comes, go to Roy Wilkins for LCD Soundsystem and Arcade Fire.

7-10: Watch two awesome concerts.

10:30: Home again.

12: bedtime

I'm going to try and write up some reviews and a trip report of the Beer Tasting for the beer thread, but I forgot to bring a camera and didn't take any notes due to rain at the beginning and intoxication at the end, so it might be somewhat limited.