View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Massive $140,000 chip dump on Ongame

[ QUOTE ]
So you won't be whining on here one day if your account is hacked, promptly chip dumped, and cashed out by someone else?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol_hackers. Great argument. I'm sure you've been hacked repeatedly by chip dumpers, huh?

[ QUOTE ]
Oh...and I look forward to your list of dozens of reason to chip dump $140,000 that aren't detrimental to a poker network.

[/ QUOTE ]
I chip dumped a [censored] of money back when PokesPoker was refusing to pay up. So did dozens of other people. As for other reasons, suppose my pal wanted to play at OnGame but he couldn't get money onto the site. Suppose he wanted to play high steaks, so he needed a lot of money to roll with. So I dump a ton of money to him and now the site is raking from me and my pal. Suppose the bonus at one OnGame skin is better than the bonus at another and, if I'm going to stick around at OnGame, I'm going to need a great bonus to entice me. I dump chips from one account to another (maybe because it's easier and cheaper than other methods), and that keeps me playing (and paying the rake) at OnGame. Or, since you're so fond of hacking scenarios, suppose my Neteller account got hacked, and I couldn't get my money back out of OnGame without a lot of rigamarole, but I wanted to keep playing there. I'd first want to secure an account with a new skin where I wouldn't have any trouble getting money in or out. So I dump myself a ton of money and then get right back to playing (and paying the rake) instead of waiting around for days or weeks to get my money out and then get it back in through some other avenue. I can do this all day, but I think you're starting to get the picture.

Your arguments are all pretty weak. Chip dumping happens at OnGame because, unlike sites such as Full Tilt, they don't allow large transfers between players. By your logic, all transfer capability at those sites should be shut down, because hackers or money launderers could abuse that and, in doing so, apparently bring down the entire sky and, with it, online poker industry.