View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Current Quarterback Controversies

In every instance IF the younger player is ready in the opinion of the coaching staff AND their current starter is not the QB of the forseeable future (re: this yr and next) they should make the switch.

I think Pennington should be the starter only because I don't know why he's not the man there. Shouldn't be a controversy but maybe I am not up to speed on the Jets.

In Kansas City you could go either way, but the team is still in the playoff hunt (lol no really) and should start the person who gives them best chance to win. Mostly because Croyle isn't franchise material, or prob not.

Buffalo should stick with Edwards most likely. For a rookie through two starts he looks pretty good. Like, he *looks* like a QB if that makes sense. Real potential for franchise player here. Losman probably not at this point but still has room to improve, I think his ceiling isn't too high though.

Atlanta it doesn't matter. Harrington played well two games. He's not good though. We all know this. There are maybe some people still with hope. I don't know why. They haven't seen him play enough. Period. Leftwich needs more time in the offense, and certainly should get playing time at some point. This week or next. You need to find out if he can hold the offense before the draft. Harrington is not the guy, he's not supposed to be.

Tavaris Jackson is god awful but the Vikings have to keep playing him and fire Childress if he fails,lol. Holcomb is a journyman. There is maybe 5-10% chance Jackson develops into solid player. 0% chance Holcomb becomes a star.