View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL 11/25/07 NFL SNF GAME THREAD (PHI @ NE) ***

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think laying 24.5 to a top 12 DVOA team, outscored their opponents, given up <18ppg to opposing offenses, held 4 teams to <=1TD, with a Def backfield that had easily stopped Moss 3x before and coached, by all accounts, the best and most crafty DC in the nation, and featuring the current NFL leader in ypg from scrimmage was a square bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I never said that. What I did say is that laying off that game does not qualify you as a "square" or a "fanboy". There is no reason for all of the over the top rhetoric that this board is rife with.

One thing you don't mention is that McNabb was out. I tried to tell you that the Eagles would not miss McNabb (as they never do), and you tried to make the case that McNabb is some kind of great QB. Some people thought this should have a major effect on the line.

As for me, I had:

1. NE -17 (bet it in advance as a game of the year)
2. Phi +24.5. I was not gonna go for the middle/hedge at -22. When it crossed 24, I made the bet. Still, I didn't consider the bet a slam dunk, where any reasonable bettor MUST be on the Eagles. Why are you guys being so results oriented?
3. NE -25 parlayed with Over 52 and Phi +25 parlayed with Under 52.

As you can see, I lost all of these bets (except for the Phi +24.5 middle attempt). I wouldn't assume that they were all massively ---EV based on the results of the game though. You guys are acting like the line was off by 10 points or something.

Someone said he wasn't going to touch the game at -24.5 - big [censored] deal.