View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: True or False

1) define playable, i'm assuming this goes beyond, "i has pot odds." it depends on the remaining stack sizes, the difference in size between my bet and his raise and how early in the match it is. preflop i'm much more likely to smooth call a 3bet ip with a hand i consider playable than on the turn. i think this stems mostly from my conception that "playable" hands are benefiting somewhat from implied odds.
2)false. for example, there are a lot of hands i wouldn't mind playing out of position, but to 3bet my entire range without the benefit of position bloats the pot too frequently to be profitable imo.
3)true sometimes. this is more true for me in the first two levels. raising 3x at 25/50+ is very exploitable and i tend to start 3betting rather than calling.
back to the point, i think it's a good idea to mix in the ocassional low or middle connected hand to mix up my play but i try not to make a habit of it unless my opponent is very passive postflop.
4)false, i don't limp very frequently in the first two levels but limping at 25/50+ or when stacks are very short becomes an attractive option. until recently i frequently put myself in some very awkward positions on the flop with marginal holdings because i refused to limp in position.
5)true.
6)false, something i picked up from cwar is that you can consider bluffing with any hand that isn't quite worth calling with. if the situation is right for a 3bet and i have an almost playable hand like K3s or Q7 i'll consider it.
7)this is a game theory optimal frequency but i don't think it's correct against most players. it's going to make money but players don't fold often enough on the river so no bluffing generally. remember river bluff=ban.
false
8)false, what if your remaining stack is half pot? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]