View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

[ QUOTE ]
Bluff,

I think in the games played online today if I have top set nuts and I was "offered" the chance to go all-in, I always would. (Although the other day I didn't pull the trigger on AAA simply because I wanted to lock in what I was sure was a lower set.)

Back to the article - I must admit I didnt much like it. The author seems to miss that for you to have shown so much stregnth - which he keeps on harping about - for your foe to just call he must be very likely to have a hand with more than 10 outs. Its as if he chose 10 outs just to balance his numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really not about this single hand with these exact stack sizes and an exact 10 out drawer drawing on you. It's knowing cold (memorizing/sensing) the inflection points on when you can use a certain strategy, and what the important factors are that you need to consider.

Of course if you are playing vs a bad aggro opponent who calls or raises light, then you can run the numbers for 8 outs. Or if you are against someone who will only call with correct pot odds, then you have to move the number up.