View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Re: BI for a full bet HU? (tourney)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't bring it in full very often, and no less than Jeffage says he's never brought it in full. Shorthanded I will bring it in full somewhat more often. Heads-up, I do like to have the option of re-popping it when the other guy raises, and you lose that when you bring it in full.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is my thinking as well. if you have a good hand you would rather get the chance to raise...also if you bring in full you may just win the antes if you bring in full with a good hand.

I could see throwing in an occasional bring in just to throw villain off...maybe with just high cards, where you dont mind just taking the antes. I also sometimes do it when i have a mediocre hand like a mid pair/bad kicker and villain has an obvious steal card against your small doorcard. If you win on 3rd thats fine, and if he calls he should at least think you have something and you wont be faced with mindless hammering away on every street with your hand that may start ahead but isnt that far ahead of even just overcards.