View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Using PAHUD for SNGs

[ QUOTE ]
I have PAHUD, but haven't been using it much since I started playing mostly SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used it, but when I started to play $50s+, I found them not any longer useful.

[ QUOTE ]

When I have used it, I don't find that the conventional stats (vpip, pfr, af) are hugely useful because of the rapidly shrinking field sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would dream of such rapidly shrinking fields :-)
However, it's more important to know how villain thinks than how he plays statistic.

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if anyone here used it and what stats they displayed. It seems like c-bet, fold to c-bet and fold to steal could be useful, but again people do these things differently 9-handed than 4-handed so I'm not sure they are universally useful. Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I use 2 indicators.
1st of all, I try to find out what the natural playing style of villain is. I catogorize in
i) solid SnG-style
ii) loose
iii) loose, but does not like to fold when there is resistance
iv) loose, but gives up on hard resistance
v) loose-aggressive
vi) tricky

The other important information is the winrate of villain, so there is the other information of
a) really big fish
b) losing player
c) +/-0 player
d) winning player 5-10% (7-14% in lower buyins ROI)
e) SnG Star

I found these informations much more important than PAHUD-Stats (I don't need PA to know the pushing range of a solid marginal winner), just because they give you a good image of how villains will think and play. And real notes are also more important.