View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Help me debate my Mom and sister - RP related

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Their current thoughts are to vote in the Democratic primary for someone besides Hillary in the hopes that she gets booted. I think the average Republican is really scared of her right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this at all. What do they think is so bad about Hillary? She's most similar to the neo-cons of any dem. She's said she would have no plans to withdraw troops from Iraq at least by the end her first term.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't think about it on this level. They just probably here how awful she is from their republican buddies. NeoCons have done a good job of fooling the masses into thinking that they spend less money than Democrats. Apparently all you have to do is lower taxes and borrow to make up the difference.

Its kind of funny because most uninformed Republicans I know hate Democrats because they spend too much money. In reality, both parties spend too much.

Uninformed Democrats that I meet are really typically concentrate on abortion laws which don't really impact the majority of Americans, at least not as much as fiscal policy.

Both parties have done excellent jobs at shifting concerns to unimportant issues, or blaming the other party for the important issue. They are covering up the fact that our gov't is corrupt, sells out to big business, and for the most part completely uninterested in working for the masses.