View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: WCOOP ME, Table chip leader in a tricky (?) spot UTG

[ QUOTE ]
Making a plan that involves your opponent folding an overpair on a rainbow non-connected flop in a tourney like the sunday million is just really, really, bad. It never happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree that it's a very bad move on the sunday million, regardless of anything you think you know about the opponent. However, The WCOOP ME played _completely_ different from the sunday million, and villain here was the exact kind of player you could put a lot of pressure on in this MTT.

Not the same thing, but for instance, there was another player I played with in this event, earlier, who I raised/called a rr pf, and he checked behind AA 3-streets on some K high flop. I suspected AA and didn't make any move at the pot. He obviously just wanted to get this hand over with, so he won't have to put himself in any kind of tough spot with a hand people bust with so often... like the awful AA.

I disagree with you about "villain isn't folding KK, ever". My move might very well be -EV, but this particular opponent could bring himslef, IMO, to fold KK (for all the wrong reasons, that is) at least 25% of the time.